xerj balance

Сообщение  Сообщение #1 
Репутация 11
Группа xerj Альянс OnlyOneTeam4Rever 64 65 49 Очков 3 231 053 Сообщений 52
I cannot help but notice that most of the recent changes are nerfing xerf the most:

- production on main buildings cut down by 15% - terran also
- scourges dmg reduced (again)
- visibility changes. This is small nerf as it affects everyone but xerj was the only race that could get this from officer
- OPS changes. This is actually big. One of the advantages of xerj was cheap station building. In return they get no realiable usage for GG, with only one (veeery expensive) officer and no techs to support. Now OPSs are easier to get which balances down advantage from dunks, but xerj still has no gravity guns. On top of that xerj is only race using ships to propagate network. OPSs cannot be captured but planetoids still can be destroyed
- bestiary range. Affects everyone but still xerj suffer the most since it is the race building markets.
- hangar buffed, vikings buffed, fastling - nerfed
- L/R turrets buffed

All other changes since May are even. I really hope there is something behind it and "the change" is coming. Otherwise this looks to me like, maybe unintentional, but still very ugly trend.

cheers!
1 Августа 2024 20:02:52
1 Августа 2024 20:02:52
Сообщение  Сообщение #2 
Репутация 119
Группа humans Альянс Combining the Zerg and Terran 67 42 96 Очков 7 233 720 Сообщений 74
kotek, if u wish for me to propose somthing in the senate for some altertions or changes please send me a proposal/vote u would like to be done
1 Августа 2024 23:13:13
1 Августа 2024 23:13:13
Сообщение  Сообщение #3 
Репутация -188
Группа Terminator 92 7 48 Сообщений 8048
Цитата: kotek
- scourges dmg reduced (again)

A while ago all ships' damage was nerfed, except for Scourges. They are just catching up now.

visibility changes. This is small nerf as it affects everyone but xerj was the only race that could get this from officer

This was a very niche thing, since the requirement was unordinately high.

One of the advantages of xerj was cheap station building. In return they get no realiable usage for GG, with only one (veeery expensive) officer and no techs to support. Now OPSs are easier to get which balances down advantage from dunks, but xerj still has no gravity guns.

We're not planning to make gravity guns “viable” for zerg, we want to keep Dukleosteus as the main source of gravity damage for them. We buffed their regeneration recently, and we're open to other changes.

bestiary range. Affects everyone but still xerj suffer the most since it is the race building markets

This is more of an “alliance infrastructure project”, than “this race player's project”. In the Jumpgate debacle nobody was viewing it as a “terran nerf”, even though they were the ones who had to build new Gates.

hangar buffed, vikings buffed, fastling - nerfed

Fastling is not a designated “mobile defense” unit, that's Hydralisk. Hydra was buffed to match new defense performance baseline.

L/R turrets buffed

These were absolute trash against small ships, so they needed a rebalance. Also, their damage increase was in line with overall defense buff, so I don't see racial discrimination in that.

Ultimately, there's no plan to nerf your race into the ground. I'm personally cooking a couple of buffs for zerg, and the latest disruptive changes (like Bestiary) are mostly a work-in-progress, they aren't meant to kill features, but to remake them in new forms.
2 Августа 2024 12:45:20
2 Августа 2024 12:45:20
Сообщение  Сообщение #4 
Репутация 11
Thank you. I like the general direction with amortization, def buff and OPSs more available for small players. I'll just wait and see where it goes.

From the ideas I think allowing trading from bestiary lvl1, but thaere is already something in ssenate about it. And dunk could use local coord speed and some way of preventing being stopped by a single gun rather then regeneration. But I am probably not the best player to judge if it make sense.
2 Августа 2024 14:19:48
2 Августа 2024 14:19:48
Сообщение  Сообщение #5 
Репутация 11
I am considering dunk change yet another nerf ;) It's how much? 250M metal just to get to the previous values. It's quite an amount of dunks you would need to have to make it more efficient to lvl up the tech instead of insectoid.
14 Августа 2024 19:41:50
14 Августа 2024 19:41:50
Сообщение  Сообщение #6 
Репутация -188
It's how much? 250M metal just to get to the previous values.

It's an existing tech though. So one would expect high-level zergs already having it developed. And there's a potential to not only catch up, but to make it faster than the old baseline.

It's quite an amount of dunks you would need to have to make it more efficient to lvl up the tech instead of insectoid.

Even if we take costs from lvl0, 250M of metal is less than the average cost of a new moon. Also, unlike your entities, evolution level cannot be destroyed.

Maybe, if you're playing in an isolated part of the universe completely solo, it would be a nerf to you. But the comparative advantage is obvious, terrans are already sieging the Senate with demands to revert this.
14 Августа 2024 21:19:37
14 Августа 2024 21:19:37
Сообщение  Сообщение #7 
Репутация 11
Avarage cost of moon for xerj is around 20M metal + 20M mineral. Even bit less if you are fine with smaller size. You might be doing it wrong if you get such a high expected cost.

I think it's a nerf for majority of people. It's only potential for biggest players. Also in the topic you link the guy is actually complaining about that increasing time to travel.
14 Августа 2024 22:31:12
14 Августа 2024 22:31:12
Сообщение  Сообщение #8 
Репутация -188
Also in the topic you link the guy is actually complaining about that increasing time to travel.

Yes, because he is terran, and his hybrid stations just got a lot worse than native Entities.
14 Августа 2024 23:40:21
14 Августа 2024 23:40:21
Сообщение  Сообщение #9 
Репутация 11
Ah, I see! Somehow I did not think about all those OPSs with insect. That is actually nerfing others more then xerj. I take it back.
14 Августа 2024 23:56:01
14 Августа 2024 23:56:01
Сообщение  Сообщение #10 
Репутация -188
That is actually nerfing others more then xerj

That was the point of this change. Zerg players were complaining about gravity gun ineffectiveness, so we're looking to make other racial features more 'racial'.
15 Августа 2024 00:21:25
15 Августа 2024 00:21:25

Информация

Вы не авторизованы